Data protection policy
Your privacy is of critical importance to us. At Volta, we have some fundamental principles:
- We are very careful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We store personal information only as long as we have a reason to store it.
- Our goal is to make it as simple as possible for you to control what information on your website is shared publicly (or kept private), indexed by search engines, and permanently removed.
- Our goal is full transparency on how we collect, use and share your personal information.
Who we are and what this data protection covers
Exponent Yachts S.L. (trade name "Volta")
Port Ginesta, office 808
08860, Sitges (Barcelona), Spain
- Our websites.
- Ther products and services available on or through our websites.
Why do we collect and use personal data?
We collect and use personal data primarily for direct sales, direct marketing and customer service. We use information about you as mentioned above and as follows:
- To provide our services.
- For the continuous improvement of our Services.
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services.
- To communicate with you about offers and promotions offered by Volta that we think would be of interest to you, to request your comments or to keep you updated on our products and services.
- To personalize your experience using our Services, provide content recommendations, and serve relevant advertisements.
What kind of personal data is collected?
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so, for example to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to improve our Services.
We collect name, phone number and email address, and other personal and contact information provided. We may also collect comments, concerns and questions that we receive from you in communications and activities related to the Service, such as meetings, phone calls, documents and emails. From our websites we can collect IP addresses and actions taken on the site.
Visitos of our websites
When someone visits www.voltayachts.com we use a third party service, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager to collect analytical data and details of visitor behavior patterns. We do this to discover things such as the number of visitors to different parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way that does not identify anyone.
Using of cookies
Cookie is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored on the user's computer by the user's web browser while the user is browsing. Cookies can help a website organize content to match your preferred interests more quickly.
Cookie name - Cookie Description - Expiration time.
IDE, 1P_JAR - Google advertising cookie used for user tracking and ad targeting purposes 1 month.
_ga Analytics: used to distinguish users. 2 years.
_gid Analytics: used to distinguish users. 24 hours.
_gat Analytics: used to accelerate the request rate. 1 minute.
__cfduid For a live chat application - Tawk. 1 year.
__tawkuuid For a live chat application - Tawk. 2 years.
cookie_notice_accepted By cookie notice. 1 month.
We use a third party provider, Mailchimp, to deliver our e-newsletters. We collect statistics on email openings, clicks, and other statistics to help us monitor and improve our email newsletter.
People who send us an email, communications with us, contact dealers
We use a third-party provider from Google to send and receive emails. We also monitor all emails you send us, including attachments, for viruses or malicious software. Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure that any email you send is within the limits of the law.
To communicate with us or our distributors via the contact form, we use a third-party provider, JotForm and Pipedrive.
People using our livechat service
We use a third-party provider, CarrotQuest, to supply and support our LiveChat service, which we use to address customer inquiries in real time.
If you use the LiveChat service, we will collect your name, email address (optional), and the content of your LiveChat session.
Comments on the website
If you leave comments on our website, you must leave certain information about yourself (such as contact information, name). We collect this information on our website.
When someone sends us a request for a quote through our website, we store information on our website.
We can determine the approximate location of your device from its IP address. We collect and use this information to show you the correct prices and currency, to calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions.
We use a few third-party providers: Squarespace and Mailchimp, which we use to handle customer inquiries and send out newsletters.
To manage the interaction of a company with current and potential customers, we use external providers: Pipedrive and Woodpecker.
Job applicants, current and former employees
The Volta is the data controller for the information you provide during the process unless otherwise stated. If you have any questions about the process or how we handle your information, please contact us.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We store personal data for as long as we consider necessary to fulfill the purpose for which the personal data was collected, while we consider our need to answer your queries or solve possible problems, comply with legal requirements under applicable laws or attend any legal claim / complaint.
This means that we may retain your personal data for a reasonable period of time after your last interaction with us. When the personal data we have collected is no longer needed, we will securely delete it. We may process data for statistical purposes, but in such cases, the data will be anonymised.
We do not sell the private personal information of our users. We share information about you in the limited circumstances detailed below and with appropriate safeguards for your privacy:
- Subsidiaries, employees and independent contractors.
- Third-party sellers who need to know your information in order to provide us with their services.
- As required by law.
- To protect rights and property.
- Business transfers.
- With your consent.
Your rights over your personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data that Volta holds about you.
- The right to request that Volta correct your personal data if it is inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request that your personal data be erased when it is no longer necessary for Volta to retain such data.
- The right to withdraw any consent to the processing of personal data at any time.
- The right to request that Volta provide you with your personal data and, if possible, transmit this information directly (in portable format) to another data controller when the processing is based on consent or contract.
- The right to request a restriction on the processing of additional data, in the event of a dispute regarding the accuracy or processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, in case the data processing was based on legitimate interests and / or direct marketing.
Any questions about your privacy rights should be sent through the contact form.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work hard to protect your information from unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and we take reasonable steps to do so.
May 9, 2019 - Reviewed and edited to help simplify the policy and clarify our practices.
Request more informationContact us